View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Good Grief!

Here I was thinking my spasticity was lessened, until I read everyone else's dosages!
I do 40-60 mg a day of Baclofen and 4-8 mg of Zanaflex when I go to bed.

I cut baclofen out completely this summer when I was sick with salmonella, along with the zanaflex and my provigil. I couldn't keep them down and the illness was worse than the spazzing and I wasn't getting up and walking for two weeks anyway!

I told the neuro about it and he said to add them back as needed. I hoped that I would be able to cut them out completely, but nooooo. I added the baclofen back, starting at 10 mg, but worked up to previous dose within a month or so. Ditto with the zanaflex. I have more days when I only need 4 mg of the zanaflex, but on those days when I wake up swearing and groaning with leg or hand spasms, I'll do another 4 mg tab. I have to take the baclofen as soon as I get up. I do stretching every day before I get out of bed, but I still walk stiffly until I get going. There's still days when the spasms are right at the edge of my consciousness, waiting to spring on me if I make a wrong move. There's days when the spasms don't let go for days and I feel like I got hit by a car or that my hands got caught in a wringer. I have a splint that I got when I had IVSM one time, I use that to immobilize my hand when the wringer feeling happens.

The pain will be there for days and then all of a sudden...the spasms are gone, until the next round.

My neuro told me to take both the baclofen and the zanaflex (and the provigil!) as needed but to let him know when I get to a certain amount of each.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (12-18-2008), Kitty (12-17-2008)