View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tarlov Cyst Disease

Hello,

My name is Jason. I am a 33 year old male and I have Tarlov Cyst Disease. I had to do my own research on this like most others. After seeing two neurosurgeons that quickly dismissed the fact that it was the Tarlov cyst causing my problems. I found the best place to get my research from was the This is a very good site, it has most of the information you will need to explain this disease to yourself and to others. I have had two MRI's done now, one of the Sacrum and one of the lower back. I had my MRI sent to Dr. Faegenbaum in Kansas City, MO. It takes awhile for him to get back with you, but it is well worth it. I was very impressed, his R.N. actually called me on a Saturday afternoon. This is such a rare disease that only 5% of the U.S. population deals with. He received my MRI on December the 1st and I just received a phone call from the Dr. today (December the 17th). I have a 2.2 cm (golf ball size) cyst on my spine in the Sacrum area on the center to right side. I am going to have a procedure done sometime in February. This was actually the fastest time I could get in, due to his busy schedule. He only does surgery on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have been off of work now since the 17th of October. I have been told that I may never be able to return to work. If anyone has any insite on this, let me know.
Hallstr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote