View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My thoughts would be maybe try an ice pack to reduce the swelling. there was a tip for ice packs (1part alcohol 2 part water. freeze for a slushie.) Ice may be an irritant, but I can use ice sometimes and it helps. I usually tolerate it without overicing, but cold in not good for my upper body so I do maybe 8 to 10 mintues. Sometimes I double wrap a handtowel around the bag of ice.

Also I have found good luck with Lidocaine 5% (nonnarcotic) transdermal patches for painful spots like yours sounds. There's another patch - Flector. new. has anti-inflammatory medicine in it too. that might help some.

Is it constant or much worse at times? If it's at times, I'd try to figure out the offending activity that might be causing this flare.

some light tough massage might help if it's fluid.

I let the showerhead beat my scalenes, neck, back with hot water, for as long as I can. at times I have reduced the hot and turned up the cold for a quick cold shower on my lower back, to tolerance for temp and time. it's cold but I have tostie rob waiting (hang on my doornob which happens to be over the vent-winter / summer-dryer while I'm showering.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bponca View Post
Does anybody have "spongy" bulges on the top of the shoulders, close to the base of your neck?

These popped up on me about the time my neurogenic symptoms first did. Even though I hadn't gained any weight or anything, I had two doctors say they were "new" fat, one said the top of my lungs were protruding through my rib cage (yeah, right! - just all of a sudden?), and the other one just totally blew me off like I'm a hypochondriac.

Many times when my neuro symptoms start up, the pain is right over these bulges.

Any ideas?

Carrie
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote