View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default One Tur-duck-en, four dogs and one very stupid <shipping company> driver

My boyfriend just called me. He bought his mom and step-dad a Tur-Duck-en (a Turkey that's stuffed with a duck that's been stuffed with a chicken) and a sampler of wild game sausages. (he works for a store that sells hunting stuff)

Apparently his mom just called him, his christmas gift arrived at her house today. Their gate was closed, so rather than leave a note or something in the mailbox about a delivery and having them pick it up at the <shipping company> store, the delivery driver TOSSED the box over the fence and left.

BF's mom has four dogs. So, dogs versus tur-duck-en...Tur-duck-en loses. Mom and step-dad lose too. Boyfriend loses because now his mom's gift is ruined...and he's not sure how to get <shipping company> to reimburse him.

I know the <shipping company> drivers are probably a bit overworked this week, but if the box is marked "perishable" and he sees four dogs running loose in the yard (and this guy must deliver regularly, so he had to know there were dogs there) why the heck would he toss it to the hounds and leave??

My boyfriend is ticked (I dont blame him for being mad) but now his present is ruined, and it's going to end up being a major undertaking to fix it. Hopefully <shipping company> will take responsibility and reimburse him.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote