View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Did it make you weaker?

Hey Maurice~

Did the roids make you weaker? My neuro had me on mestinon, but wouldn't put me on the roids until I was safely in the hospital, cuz' he told me that they would make me weaker (at that point I was in denial and told him I could stand to be weaker - he disagreed)

Then when I was in the hospital, he increased my roids by 10 mgs daily (I had to take the liquid Prednisone - it was the worst thing I have ever tasted - I cried when I choked it down)............until I was up to 80 mgs - boy did I blow up!!!! It was wild!!!!

Your family is coming up for the holidays, right? That will be a blast!!!!!!
We are going to have a quiet xmas this year - only a few friends and family members, so no stress!!!! Amen!!!!

Have a great time with your family!!!!!!

Is it snowing there? I keep hoping for a white xmas!!!

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post
They started me too at 10 mg/d of Pred, then after 5 days, period during which the situation got worse (but no ICU…), they increased + 5 mg every two days and I went home after about 20 days at 45 mg/d. Later Pred was increased to 75 mg (1 mg per kg of weight) and the taper was started several months ago, I' m now at 17 mg/d, January 1st at 15 til my next apointment on Jan 22nd.
Maurice.