View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie View Post
if this sort of publicity does us more harm than good. i mean, does funding for dealing with these problems increase as a result of publicity like this? i am not sure, but i am quite sure it casts doubt on all our perceived rationality and mental prowess, whether we personally are experiencing these issues or not.
but part of the problem is that the person with pd may not be able see their own symptoms.

i think the family and caregivers need to be aware that this might end up happening. seek help right away.

what about the person with pd? if this might happen, wouldn't you want to know it is happening from either pd or the meds? and not that you are going crazy?

i agree rick, the meds need to mentioned. imo they pla a key part in the emotional changes that can happen.

my dad is a case in point. i know i have posted many times about the horrendous experience with requip. he is a changed person emotionally because of it. permanent damage.

the ethical and resposible thing his neuro should have done was not down play the side effects of requip to my mother. by the time she called me, my dad was in a full blown phycotic state of horrible hallucinations.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (12-18-2008)