View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default out shopping

With one week left, I dragged this body out to the stores....was tired after just getting ready.

I saw this thread as I was going out the door and also read an email very quickly about something related and felt anxious about getting back to reread it all and respond. I'm not used to public support, and was once again shocked to see anyone actually write about this elsewhere.

DocJohn, you are the first to do what we are asking from multi-disciplinary professionals involved with PD - and that is communicating. It's just a matter of communicating, and I sincerely, words aren't enough to describe, appreciate your support.

We are floundering around, trying to come up with a way to help, with no leader, just trying to come up with ideas of how to put what we are "living" into the research formula. The Internet is responsible for equipping us, making contacts who we've worked with in person....this is REAL.

But we don't know for sure how to do this - we need more information - so that we do not rush into an unnecessary database that will just flop.

Dr. Rogan and DocJohn, although not necessarily seeing it from the same perspective, will certainly understand each other more after offering their communication. We have heard both of their perspectives. I have heard another perspective from a knowledgeable patient friend about looking at the NIH. Perhaps we should back up, and just communicate first before creating a database that will serve no purpose.

Doc John's father has PD and I believe Dr. Rogan said his mother did or does. I sincerely hope that communication among the different perspectives continues with gusto. It's just the right thing to do.

Thank you for the support - we are all in this together. DocJohn I am humbled by your caring.

With respect and good cheer!
paula

edited the emotion out. sorry....feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 12-18-2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: you are right Neil - took it out - too much drama.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-18-2008), lou_lou (12-18-2008)