View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question about IgG Kappa...

Hey gang -

Hope the holidays are going well for everyone!

I had my visit with a neuro at Johns Hopkins. All went well and I was very impressed with the doc and the medical center. The results are back from all the testing. I missed the docs call yesterday to discuss the results and she is now on vacation for two weeks so I'll have to wait a bit longer....however, her office faxed copies of the results to my PMC doc and I just happened to be in there today picking up a prescription. My PMC's nurse said that since she "knew I always wanted copies of my results" she copied the summary and gave me a copy...

So, please tell me what this means: "In addition, her blood work shows the possible IgG kappa monoclonol gammopathy vs. possible low concentration kappa Bence Jones proteinemia. Recommend followup serum IFE." I have googled this and looked at PubMed and still can't figure this out.

Also, my A1C is 6.5, my fasting glucose was 109 and a 2 hr glucose tolerance test of 158. I have an appt with my endo doc next week and we will certainly go over these numbers.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote