View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default rosie

I am one who admits to now feeling the mental component of this "experience". But when I wake in up the morning, every morning, I fight a physical illness, which includes being down mentally, but more in the sense that nothing is working yet. This is the time when I question, with great rationality, why I do certain things, like volunteer to travel when I can't even unlock my shoulders. I beat myself up for awhile, until I unlock and get on, instantly feeling better.

It's as the day goes on, and I take meds every two hours, that my speech becomes slurred, I ramble, can't remember what I'm talking about, and on and on. I just turn into someone who is much older than I am.

I see your point, but it is what it is, unfortunately, and it's not a new idea that the meds become worse than the illness. It's behavior, as well as movements that are affected by meds also. Rational thought remains until?????????? That's what concerns me.....how many have taken the meds as long as our generation? We are too young for dementia.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-18-2008)