View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Erin,
Yes, the first 5 or 6 days after they put me under steroids at the hospital were rather difficult: generalized increased weakness,extreme difficulties for chewing and swallowing, my myasthenic score (see my previous post on the subject) went down from 40 to 30…Ten seconds for my extended arms or for the legs test were the maximum! But I never experienced breathing problems (maybe due to my previous rather frequent swimming practice?) The pred increase was also more cautious (+5 mg every 2 days…).
We had a lot of snow 3 days ago and they forecast a very cold period between Xmas and New Year Eve…the canadians won't be disoriented! We have about completed our shopping, the menu is almost decided, we will be 14 persons , including the grand children, the last time we were all together goes back to the summer of 2003, but as we have lived 5 years in central africa and two years in US,(besides France and Belgium) we can't complain about our children's way of living and moving around, we probably pass them the virus…!
We count the days, they arrive on December 25 and the big party is on December 27.
Scotskat,
I have here steroids by 20, 5 and 1 mg, the first two pills may be broken in two parts, so the dosage may be finely adjusted.
Merry Xmas and my best wishes for 2009 to all of tou,
Maurice.
neutro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote