View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hanging flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
I never thought I would be complaining about weight loss. Over a 6-month period, I have lost over 40 lb.

I have also had a decrease in appetite (and this really concerns me.) I lived to eat and didn't eat to live! I even LOST 2 lbs. on a recent cruise (where half of the time you eat - eat - eat; and at all hours of the day.

I am curious to talk with others about weight loss, and what do you do with all that loose skin when the fat is gone? Can we make stem cells out of it? lol

Peg
Your post is a testament to the adage, "Be careful what you wish for." Every medicine we take warns of excessive weight gain or loss... I am never on the latter end, though I always wish I were.

Having to deal with "hanging flesh" when the fat is gone is just one more indignity we suffer with PD. I think we should start a contest asking people for ideas on how best to use this excess skin should we be blocked from harvesting stem cells from it. I'll start:

1. Use it as a blanket and wrap it around ourselves while watching tv.

Humor usually works for me, and I'm answering this way in the hope that it helps you as well. I'm not a doctor, but I know what cures me... get yourself a double chocolate malted made with extra malt!

sheryl
SherylJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote