View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up It just stinks!

You know these same people saw me when I was too weak to walk, to talk, eat, etc and yet they still expect me to be back to my old self......this is the new me! Granted, I have an uncurable disease, but now I truly appreciate days when I feel good - cuz' I never know how long it will last......the phrase "Don't know what you got till it's gone" comes to mind.....

Everyday people take for GRANTED what we appreciate. The sad part is that I had to get that sick in order to truly appreciate being "well"................

I just think that for the time being, I'm going to have to just leave them alone and let them deal with their problems on their own...........I don't need the additional stress anyway! I have tried to explain my illness, but they simply do not care enough to really listen to me.

It just stuns me b/c I have always helped them out - that is what family is for in my opinion - and now when I need help, they aren't available!

Anyway, I AM thankful that this year I am strong enough to decorate my home and have a xmas party..........I'll try to look @ the bright side of things

Erin