View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 07:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Letting Go of Emotional and Energy Ties

Letting Go of Emotional and Energy Ties
by Karyn Greenstreet (life coach)

When we are close to another human being, whether it's our children or our spouses, we form energy bonds with them. For example, my mother always seems to know when I need her to call me, and I've been away from home for 20 years! (And doesn't every mother know when their kids are doing something wrong in the other room?)

There is a technique I learned to break the bonds of energy when the physical relationship is no longer there. It is a very difficult technique to do, because you have to WANT to disconnect from that person on all levels. Examine your heart and mind, and decide if you are really ready to break the bonds between yourself and someone who is not in your life any longer. Then, try this technique:

Imagine you and your (ex-spouse, ex-lover, ex-whatever) standing face-to-face. Imagine that there are "ropes of light" extending from his (her) chakras to your chakras. Now, imagine a HUGE pair of scissors coming from the sky and cutting each rope. You may have to do this part many, many times to make sure all the connections are broken.

Finally, imagine that you have a box in which you have kept every part of your ex that he/she gave you. Imagine giving this box back to him/her, with thanks and kindness, and imagine asking him/her to give you back your box as well. Imagine exchanging these boxes, then turning, and walking away from each other.

My pdoc just emailed this to me a short while ago. I’ve recently been pushed away by someone who I thought was my friend. We’ve shared every emotion possible over the last 2 ½ years and now it’s over. I’ve emailed her and phoned her and no replies until last night. She said there’s no time, she’s too busy. I’ve felt her distancing herself ever since I’ve been diagnosed. I thought it was just my insecurity or paranoia but it happened to be true. I haven’t replied to her email because I just don’t know how to say goodbye.

I thought of Nikko when I read this but I hope it helps anyone else that needs to "let go".

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ