Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

Hello,

This is my first post on NeuroTalk. I have been a lurker here since May 2005 when I was first diagnosed with YOPD. I was 43 years old when I was diagnosed, and I am now 46 years old. I have been on a low dose of Mirapex and Sinemet since August 2005. Lately, I feel like my PD has been progressing a little faster than it was a couple of years ago.

I am a patent attorney. I love to play racquetball. When I am playing racquetball, it is as if I don't have PD. However, once I am done playing, I feel the PD again.

I am making this post tonight to tell all of you how much you have meant to me over the last 3 and a half years. As I quietly lurked here, I learned from you that PD is not a death sentence. I learned from you about supplements. I take essentially the same group of supplements that Mr. Everett recommends.

I learned from you that life with PD is still life very much worth living. I learned that PD is a health condition that requires careful management. I also learned from you that PD is different for every single person. Moreover, I learned that there is simply no way to know how fast one's PD will progress or what symptom will pop up next.

I want to thank all of you for teaching me so much about what PD is, what PD is not, and how to cope with PD. Tonight I have crossed over from lurker to poster. I hope to get to know all of you better. I feel like I know many of you already, but I believe the time has come for me to introduce myself to this community that has meant so much to me for over three years.

Thank you very much.
minkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-08-2010), chasmo (12-19-2008)