View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry I feel your rage

Hi Triste, I'm so very sorry that all this has happened to you. While you feel abused and experimented upon, also keep in mind that your experiences - as horrible as they are - are VALUABLE to the others here! I thank you for your posts and your blunt honesty.

These surgeries can have varying effects. Some good, some mediocre, some bad. Everyone should weigh the benefits against the pitfalls before undergoing a rib resection or other TOS surgery.

I foolishly trusted a Dr (not experienced with TOS) for my 1st surgery. He swore to me that he could handle it, but when he got in he realized he was in way over his head. I'm lucky in that he didn't start hacking away on me just to save his reputation. He did however 'stretch' things in there. I'll never know if that is what's preventing me from a more complete recovery. His inexperience left me with an ugly scar and a nerve in my arm so badly damaged that it had to be resected. I'll never feel my upper right arm again. Thanks Dr Alvarado.

Many prayers going up for you Triste. Can a cervical collar be used to help support your neck? Would something like that help keep the airway open?

(((((((((caring, easy hugs))))))))
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote