Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks For The Kind Posts

Thanks very much for your kind thoughts.

By the way, I neglected in my original post to mention that my name is Hal. I grew up on a small dairy farm in Southeastern Idaho, drank from an old well, used pesticides and herbicides prolifically on the farm, and did a lot of welding in my teenage years as a Future Farmer of America ---- lol lol. I think that I engaged in just about every pursuit and lived in every condition that has been linked with increased risk for Parkinson's. Of course, I never gave any of it a second thought as I was growing up and engaging in those activities on the farm.

I now live in Wisconsin where we had a pretty significant snow storm last night. There are few things that are as much fun as getting up at 5:00 a.m. to move eight inches of snow off of the driveway. I am certain that many of you know what I mean...

I have five children, four girls ages 24, 21, 16, and 8; and one boy age 12.

I have wanted to join in discussions on many occasions, but for some reason I just could not bring myself to register for the site. The first couple of years after my diagnosis I was terrified that someone would find out that I had Parkinson's Disease, that it might affect my employment and who knows what else. I no longer harbor those fears.

You folks here have taught me not to be afraid. I have no idea where this Parkinson's journey is going to take me or what challenges and trials it will bring into my life. Nevertheless, I know that you folks are here for each other, and I find great power in what I have seen you doing for one another.

I look forward to interacting with you and getting to know you better.

Thanks again, Hal
minkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-08-2010)