View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Introducing myself

I just joined, and wanted to introduce myself.

On June 1, 2004, my life changed forever, although I didn't know it at the time. I herniated the disc at L5/S1 while working in the garden, one of my favorite things. This eventually led to one knee surgery, two microdiscectomies and the fusion of L5/S1. Although I was on Vicodin for a long time, and have always been on generic Zanaflex and generic Neurontin, or Lyrica, and have been in physical therapy at least 4 times, I have never been completely out of pain since that day. I have dealt with sciatic pain ever since. I had to give up my teaching career and go on disability. My husband divorced me. I got a part-time job 3 months ago that is easy on my back, but the pain came back with a vengeance. Sure enough, L4/L5 is herniated, and I am having surgery #4 in January.

In spite of all that, my faith has kept me from despair. I miss my favorite activities of old, but I've found new ones.

Searching for side effects of Neurontin and Lyrica on Google brought me here. I've already learned alot just lurking, so I decided to join!

Thanks for sharing so much--I hope I will be able to do that too--

Carol 1211k
carol1211k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (12-19-2008), Twinkletoes (12-19-2008)