View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

"Statistically a certain number of deaths would be allowed, based on information about diabetics that we already have."

I know this is logical, but the concept of this statement scares me to death. (no pun intended).

I read a report that was intended for physicians eyes only. One of my neighbors is a physician and I sometimes get their mail. I happened to see the words ACCORD program on one of the pages in that report (or magazine, or whatever it was).

Because it was intended for physicians, the wording was considerably over my head. BUT NOT ALL OF IT.

I understood a bit of what I was reading.

There was an article and all it talked about was mortality rates. Mortality rates for diabetics in the study. Mortality rates for people over the age of 60 who were in the study. Mortality rates for people who sufferered myocardian infarctions (heart attacks).

The whole article was about MORTALITY RATES. And it gave percentages. Now because I'm not a physician, I couldn't translate all I read into my brain because most of it was OVER MY HEAD.

But I do know that THAT particular article was all about mortality rates. I remember saying out loud "oh my god, all I am is a MORTALITY RATE TO THESE PEOPLE??"

Never forgot that.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote