View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm sorry that you are dealing with all of this at the moment and really hope that things get better for you soon. I remember when I was first diagnosed with RSD and it was SO hard and I was really frustrated and confused and didn't know what to do.

I agree with what GymJunkie said that unfortunately, there is no research out there stating what the chances of going into the remission are. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find anything, I have spoken to my doctor and asked him what my chance of going into remission is and all I ever get is "I don't know", I was so confused and frustrated as I couldn't understand how he could give me the RSD diagnosis but didn't know how to treat my case or whether I would go into remission or not.

The only things I can find on the internet about remission is that the best chance of RSD going into remission is if your RSD is caught within the first 3 months or if you are a child because childrens brains can heal in time. You are really lucky that you have been diagnosed pretty fast as that will hopefully help you and you will be able to begin a treatment that will help you and take some of the pain away.

I agree with what GymJunkie said also about the feelings you are having being completely normal but please seek help for them if they do not get any better. You shouldn't have to deal with all of this if you don't have to. I feel depressed quite a lot but it has gotten somewhat better. When I was first diagnosed with RSD, I wouldn't talk to anyone at all but I have now come out of my shell somewhat and am not afraid to tell my doctor if I don't agree with something that he suggests.

I hope you feel better soon and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep continuing to look on the internet to see if I can find any articles about remission in RSD and if I do, I shall post them. If you ever need someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you.
llrn7470 (12-20-2008)