View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
with LONG lists of ingredients typically provide very low subnormal amounts of the listed ingredients which provide
little support or help.

The only thing missing from that ingredient list is the "kitchen sink".

Vague questions like "brain supplements" are basically
not specific to the problem.

You have to KNOW what you want to accomplish, and avoid
shot-gun huge supplements like this with very little and poor accountability and who charge you ALOT of money.

Never choose a supplement that has huge lists with lots of ingredients, and those ingredients and not detailed as to content/ AMOUNT. When lumped together this way, the supplier can put whatever they want in that mixture. For example, acetyl-carnitine is an expensive item...how much is really in this product? That appears to be a "secret".

The only things listed properly are the vitamins. And for what they charge for this product--- you are vastly overpaying!

I agree with mrs. D she's right about long list of ingredients being shotty, cause i always look on iherb and see plenty of these items/supplements with long lists of ingredients. surprisingly source naturals-a trusted brand, makes most of these concoctions, and I'm starting to be weary of them. another thing I looked into which seems to be a good product for circulation is vinpocetine or whatever it's called, I have to look this product up cause I'm not sure of the dangers of it and haven't heard of it before?? any info would be cool.

and most of these items with big lists of ingredients have ginormous pills size, and you end up having to take like 5-6 pills a day which no one has the time to do anyways. At most for me I usually only take supplements with small amounts of ingredients and ones that i don't have to end up taking more than 3 times daily.

The brand I've been into lately has been natural factors, it has many types of supplements of good quality coming from canada, or are canadian made. jarrow and now products makes some good products as well.

I don't endorse these products, but I'm just a regular guy telling you that these products worked well for me.

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote