View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lori Lee,

Gymjunkie is so right...there is hope.

The physiotherapist at the pain management program in my hospital has been very encouraged lately. Recently she told me that now that they have the orthopedic surgeons educated about RSD the surgeons are sending patients earlier and the pain team is able to treat them. She sees numerous RSD patients year round, I think that RSD is all she treats now. I see doctors coming up from ER to speak with her about how to get patients in for treatment early.

She tells me that there are many patients she has treated who are in remission and doing very well. No studies or statistic to back this up but I know how dedicated she is to rsd patients and I completely trust her professional opinion.

It is really important that you get the emotional help you need to assist you through this phase, especially as you grapple with the issues of work, insurance, family, children, grief and loss. It is a lot to handle on your own as you try to get better and the stress of the holidays don't help either.

I think that most of us on here have had this for a long time, in most cases we did not receive the appropriate treatment early enough as it was in my case. Despite that I'm looking at going back to work in the New Year after we get settled into our new home.

Wishing you and your family well.
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
llrn7470 (12-20-2008)