View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Brian;430531]Hi Leslie, regarding those blood sugar levels.... i would be trying my hardest to get those sugars levels back down to normal ranges and keep them there, low carb dieting and exercise can help lower sugar levels a lot and get rid of the real possability of frank diabetes happening, i am not trying to scare you but the warning signs are there now and there is no telling when frank diabetes will show its ugly face, whilst you have a chance now to do something about it, i would really take it seriuosly, even if by any chance the high blood sugars are not the cause of your PN, knowbody needs to deal with diabetes on top of PN.

Unfortunatly there are still a lot of the medical proffessionals out there that don't take prediabetes seriously, i still come accross doctors these days that try to argue the point that only full blown diabetics get nerve damage, i know it certainly can and does happen at Prediabetic levels, i hope one day they will stop their stone age way of thinking.

best of luck anyway,

Thanks Brian! My endo doc had already done a 2 hr glucose tolerance test about 3 months ago and all results came back fine. I am wondering if he will take these results seriously. I certainly am and if he doesn't I'll be looking for a new doc. I have already been researching diabetes and the proper diet, exercise, etc. Our hospital offers a 30 hr class on diabetes and how to live with it. I've enrolled. While I was out finishing Christmas shopping my husbands cleaned out the cabinets of all "sweet stuff" so we are all taking this very seriously. I've joined a walking group so we are definately having a lifestyle change. Just to bad it's at Christmas. I can't count the cakes and cookies I've had to pass up!!!!
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote