View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
but part of the problem is that the person with pd may not be able see their own symptoms.
you may be right, i don't know - but i have seen this idea used to disempower PWP (if i am perceived as incapable of accurate self perception, what does that indicate about my perception in general?)

Quote:
i think the family and caregivers need to be aware that this might end up happening. seek help right away.
i agree, i just think that informing the family and caregivers, in my ideal world, at least, would be the doctor's job, not the journalist's.

Quote:
what about the person with pd? if this might happen, wouldn't you want to know it is happening from either pd or the meds? and not that you are going crazy?
sure, but again, in my ideal world, my doctor would alert me, not a journalist.

Quote:
the ethical and resposible thing his neuro should have done was not down play the side effects of requip to my mother. by the time she called me, my dad was in a full blown phycotic state of horrible hallucinations.
this leads into boann's point - is parkinson's psychosis really levodopa psychosis?

but what i was really talking about in my original post were what are often termed cognitive changes, or executive function - and again, i am not saying these are not real or that we shouldn't be told about them. i am saying that in an ideal world, given how difficult it is already for PWP to make themselves heard, it would be better if this sort of info were communicated in the doctor's office, rather than splashed across the internet.
rosie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote