View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shezbut,

I had endometriosis for YEARS! I think it really began when in high school. But through the years I dealt with it and later had it lasered out and had my daughter in 1984. However, the endo came back time time and again. I think I averaged about 2 to 3 years before I had to have it lasered again. Anyway, I had a total hysterectomy in 2000. Like Evonne I had the LSH but throw the "V" in there because it was done vaginally. And EVERYTHING was taken. My RE did not leave my ovaries because estrogen is what feeds endo. Besides, one of them was bad if I remember correctly. For anyone WITHOUT endo, I would say do your best to KEEP your ovaries. In any case, my RE almost couldn't get the job done vaginally because as she stated, I had only had one child. But she managed and recovery was not all that bad. The hardest part were the years that followed and getting HRT adjusted...long story. However, last year I was able to stop wearing the patch since my requirements had changed over the years and now just use the Premarin vaginal cream.

I know you are anxious to be rid of the problem but PLEASE think it over and let your doctor advise.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-28-2011)