View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
$$$$$ play a role in everything. And what might Steinman's company not be telling us during their process to gain a share of the market? I'm not a diehard pro-Tysabri advocate or defender necessarily. Just playing devil's advocate.
We don't know what Stenman's company will or won't tell us...that remains to be seen. But we do, however, know how Biogen handled the introduction of Tysabri, don't we? Combined it with Avonex before the drug was even approved by the FDA....outlined their market plan in detail on the net before the drug was approved.....conducted "staged" netcasts creating a "this is the MS drug of the century".....delayed telling the public about PML for a few weeks so their execs could cash in on $$$ millions in stock sales...

I could go on and on and yes, I fully realize that big pharma is driven by the almighty dollar and not by the health benefits to patients. I just find it disgusting that a company like Biogen has again placed MS patients in a precarious position in how they handle Tysabri....something that MS patients really don't need on top of fighting this lousy disease.

Harry
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-20-2008), Kitty (12-21-2008), Natalie8 (12-20-2008), SallyC (12-20-2008), Victor H (12-22-2008)