View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ellie,

you have beautiful dogs
And you did a great job with the photoshop because I can't tell which eye has been photoshopped.

Mrsd -

We had a Maltese once when I was a kid, and Ellie is right about how high maintainance they are. Our Maltese had to be brushed daily, cleaned daily arounf the eyes and rear-end, we had to put a sweater on her anytime it was below 60 degrees and we live in New England so that was quite often.

The dog would pee anytime she got nervous - and she got nervous anytime the wind was blowing and made a noise on the window. Overall, she was a cute dog and she loved to cuddle, but she was a LOT of work.

The best dog I ever had in my life was a Keeshond. So easy to train, so lovable, very friendly, great with kids and cats and other dogs, a great indoor dog who also loves being outside (and has the coat/fur to be able to be outside in the cold without needing a sweater).

I had never heard of the breed until I rescued my dog from an abuser, but if I ever get another dog again I will get a Keeshond.

Here is the AKC info about the breed-

Mine was a female, she was shorter than the normal standards, and she weighed about 30 pounds... I used to bring her to the groomer at the beginning of the summer to have her shaved, and she looked so adorable

Here are some pictures of Chelsea (my Keeshond) when she was shaved during the summer of 2003

She loved being at the lake house and going in the water to get fish (or watching me as I caught a sunfish in a net for her). As you can see if you look at the pictures, the only time I have her on a leash is when she came hiking with my husband and I... she was so easy to train and she listened so well - so the only time she needed a leash was when the law in the area required it.

Last edited by Wittesea; 11-28-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote