View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Thanks Ellie...

sorry you are not feeling well... but I do appreciate the details. The Maltese I
made the meds for seemed afraid of new situations. His owner carried him in to me and he was trembling.

We watch Breed All About It on Animal Planet, and since I grew up with a cocker spaniel, I am tending to that type still. Our oldest cat was given a short live expectancy 2 yrs ago..and she has fooled us all... she is still going strong at 16. ( I guess the suspected brain/spine tumor is not there--which caused her seizure 2 Xmases ago) We've been looking at dog types all that time!

We have that outdoors thing up North, and a 1/2 acre yard, so I want a dog
that will be happy in or near water and outside, can appreciate it, and is not too big.
A Lab is a bit too big for me. Maybe a Cockerpoo? I would like a dog I could pick up, you know? If we lived in the country all the time, a Lab is what I would do. But we do not, so I don't want that much dog in the city. I really like Pugs, saw some cute well behaved ones at the vet..but the owner of the pair said they had expensive vet issues.

So there is the Puggle-- beagle/pug -- this seems like a nice match, but I don't like that "shedding" concern.
And the Labradoodle... have cute faces, but alot of fur too. These names are SO FUNNY...

A rescue is a good idea...that is how we have done all our cats.
The cocker we had 50 yrs ago, was the only purebred anything I have experience with. She was a very good dog...I really loved her.

Well, Ellie, your tempermental Maltese, looks just fabulous in the sweater!

The medication I made for Wheezer was a liquid form of an antibiotic not available in liquid. He had some gum disease. But then he was old.

Of course our other two cats, are a consideration, but I think they would accept a little puppy.. an adult rescue is out of the question here with them.
Sheba I don't think would accept ANY DOG EVER...so we have to wait for her to "move on".

Thanks for posting... the pictures are just a huge wonderful addition to the forum. They are cute, funny, and loving and make my day!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote