View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 11:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
I looked at your links and sort of understand. I'm kinda technologically impaired- so how come this looks sooo much like the old forum? And what's the motivation for someone to provide this? I tend to be a bit cautious of anything that is just "free" without knowing a bit more about the provider. Is it just me or is there something a little peculiar feeling about this?

Well from what I understand the colors are the default software colors evidently..Ive seen other message boards forums with the same style and colors..The provider evidently from what Ive read knows John Lester, and Zombie Slayer seems to be in the "know" as he is very active on BT as a BT Nerd on the help desk forum etc..So if he had posted something objectionable about this ordeal then I would be concerened..Hes a pretty computer savvy guy from what I understand..So I take it as this place is merely a random act of kindness for us all..What exactly happened at BT and why it has been down for so long I heard was because as John said that it simply crashed at a bad time when he was traveling, busy etc..Seems though that this long hiatus has really affected alot of folks very negatively, and some to the point of conspiracy theories..I myself was starting to seriously wonder if BT would ever return, but my inner judgement kept telling me that intelllectually I knew that John has a personal dedication to BT..But my emotions started to whisper in my ear after I began to feel disconnected from too many good friends for too long..So I think that BT-2 is certainly a step in the right direction to making our community whole again

I guess we really realized exactly how important BT has been to us..I know for me it has been a lifeline, and the difference between wallowing in self pity because of pd..and getting up off my butt and living as full a life as possible under the given circumstances..I certainly wasnt doing that prior to meeting all you folks