View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Does anyone else feel this way?

Two years ago my legs suddenly went numb from my hips to my toes. I went to my family doctor and he referred me to a neurologist. The neurologist tested feeling in my legs, and we determined that the numbness was worse the farther down my legs he tested, with my toes being the worst. He also noted that my reflexes were hyper sensitive. My MRI showed 6 white spots, or "lesions" on the brain, however they were all located away from the center of my brain. He suggested that until I have more symptoms, he would not give a diagnosis.
During the next two years, my legs and toes continued to be numb and I started noticing other symptoms. I had become increasingly sensitive to "smells" with perfumes and fertilizers being the worst! I would instantly have a pounding headache, nausea and would quite frankly become quite irritated, almost feeling angry, which was out of the blue! My neck and shoulders are stiff and painful everyday, I am exhausted by the time I am home from work and am in bed by 7:00pm most nights. I also began to get comments from fellow co-workers and friends that they noticed that my hands were shaking/trembling. Being that I am sensitive to caffeine, I avoid drinking soda and coffee, so it was determined that my hands were trembling for some other reason, and sometimes the trembling got very dramatic and embarrasing.
I just went back to the neurologist a week ago and he ordered another MRI to compare to the one from two years ago. Three days after the MRI, the doctors office called and said that they want me to come back in to discuss the findings. The MRI showed that I have several new "white spots" on my brain.
Do any of these things sound familiar? I feel like I am alone and that there is something that I am doing that is causing these things to happen to me. To top it off, since I am 40 now, I had to go in for a mammogram too. I was called back to have a follow up ultrasound, which turned into two other mammograms and another ultrasound all in the same day! I was told that I need to come back in 6 months for another ultrasound/mammogram because they have found some cysts in my right breast that they want to keep an eye on! So much for being 40! I only had my birthday three weeks ago!
I am sorry to babble on, but I am feeling frustrated, sad, confused, helpless......
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote