View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrsd,

You mentioned the need for a city dog who also likes the country - and that is what my Keeeshond was. We live in a 1 bedroom condo, and she was very happy and comfortable being inside and going out for walks to go potty.... and then when we would go to the lake house she was very happy running around in the woods and playing in the lake.

As for shedding, my keeshond would shed in clumps when her fur was unshaved. It was so easy to pick up and clean up because it wasn't little hairs all over the house, it was a few clumps of fur in a few places (very easy for me especially with my medical stuff since I was often unable to vacuum due to my tendonitis).

As for being able to be picked up, I was able to pick chelsea up and carry her (which I had to do for the last few months of her life to bring her outside to go potty because we live on the 3rd floor) She was 30 pounds so I would not have wanted to carry her around everywhere I went, but I was able to pick her up and carry her when I needed to even with my back problems.

Ok, I'll stop babbling on and on about my Keeshond now. I just miss her so much (she passed away in May of 2005).
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote