View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face Oh, Liz...

I could NOT handle incontinence for every little noise... Whew!

All day long I handle incontinence for HUMANS in long term care. Coming home to that would be too much for me!
The mainstay in nursing homes is "drugs", diapers, and Desitin...the 3 Ds. We make ALOT of ointments for this as well! sigh.

I guess we were posting at the same time too.

The keeshond-- I have never heard of this breed. Thanks for posting the pic.

You know not to be a "downer" on this thread which is so much fun...
but at lunch yesterday, I was talking to some colleagues (whom I often don't get a chance to see during night shifts when they are gone)... so they tell me this truly horrific story. The medical records supervisor has been out for 6months, and just returned part time. And this happened over the summer while I was gone too. She has a Akita... you know I think OJ and that murder had a Akita involved as welll....making it more recognizable...as a breed.

Well, long story stort...this gal was playing with the dog, and it accidently jumped up to her face (she is not a tall woman) and grabbed her lower lip and ripped it right off her!!! This gal has been out on leave having plastic surgery to fix it (several operations)..and I haven't seen her yet. I understand it was hanging by a flap of skin under her chin. I was stunned. Sounds horrible to me! I have seen some pretty ugly things in my day..including a little boy who was savaged in his
stroller, by surprise, but this one is rather extreme! Kind of put the damper on my "doggie research" this week as well!

I am sorry you lost your friend/dog too, Liz. I know how you feel...we have lost several cats as well. When our cocker died of kidney cancer it was very hard on all of us too. I still have those memories after 50 years too! sigh.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 11-28-2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fixing spelling of dog breed...
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote