View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Since I've started my PD journey, my weight has fluctuated from around 155 lbs. which is normal for me to as low as 130 lbs. I noticed that part of it is I couldn't give a rat fart about food like I used to. I used to enjoy eating, but now that there's little taste to it, I could care less. For a while I was eating big Italian sub sandwiches with all the stuff we're not suppsosed to eat. My weight went back up to 145 lbs and my doctors were excited. Anyway you all know what happened to me. The good stuff made sure the medication didn't work and the nausea set in. So now it's trail mix and other Yuppie healthy crap for lunch. The stuff is good for bathroom business, but not much else. I'm not necessarily hungry all the time, but since I don't eat much else during the day, I tend to get ravonous by the time I go home only to lose my appetite when it comes to meal time because of the lack of flavor.

So my conclusion is that eating and weight problems have two issues. 1) Lack of taste will contribute some. If food tastes like sawdust or paper, then it's not worth eating.

2) The swallowing issue, which is a non-issue for me right now, but I'm sure it will be at some point.

Ann,

I discovered along time ago about drinking water first before taking a pill. The reason is sometimes our mouths are dry so when we drink the water with the pill, they tend to float on top of the water instead of being pushed down the throat. This would cause the stupid thing to stick to my throat, tongue or gullet and make me feel pretty aweful until it dissolved on its own.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote