View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I agree with Gazelle and Kitty that I think it really depends on the person you are saying it to as to whether they will understand or not.

If I tell my mum that I don't feel like going out, she will understand as she has read up the symptoms of RSD (which is similar to MS) and spoken to people that have it and spoken to my doctor about how the condition affects me on a daily basis. If I say that I don't feel like going out to my dad or another family that doesn't "get it" and understand, they sometimes take things the wrong way and think that I am just being awkward and I often get told "If I just got out more", I would feel better - yeah right!! Me and my dad and certain other family members have actually fallen out over me not going out as they just don't understand how bad I feel at times and sometimes they try and force me to get out when I can barley walk!

I think it would really depend on who you were saying this to as to whether or not they would take it the wrong way or understand. Some people, even though they don't understand what we are going through, actually want to listen to what we say and how we feel whilst others may take it the wrong way and like Gazelle said, they might not invite you out the next time or they might not understand how one day you can feel like going out and the next, you could be laid up in bed.

I see your point though - people just don't "get it"!
Bets (12-21-2008), ewizabeth (12-21-2008), Kitty (12-21-2008), SallyC (12-21-2008)