View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legzzalot View Post
Ok so the insurance company flat out refuses to pay for the Rebif my doc prescribed. We filed an appeal and that too was denied because I have not tried Copax or Avonex. So my choices are to continue to fight them and still no meds or to choose between the two that we had already ruled out.

Doc is suggesting I try one of the meds the insurance will cover. Any suggestions anyone?

I started with Avonex but over time, could not tolerate it; so I switched to Copaxone.

Considering Avonex is so similar to Rebif, I'd start with it. You can then determine if a) it reduces the ['projected'] number and severity of your exacerbations and b) whether or not you can tolerate it. If you can't (meaning your liver enzyme tests aren't coming back within the normal range), it's a pretty good indicator you might have similar problems with Rebif.

Copaxone is another good option, I'd remain open to it as an alternative to the interferons. As someone said (I think it was Jules?) you don't have to stick with one, several of us have at one time or another - for various reasons have chosen a succesion of the ABC&Rs....

becca44

Last edited by Becca44; 12-21-2008 at 04:22 PM.
Becca44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote