View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi miachris2

I too am a member of a few facebook MG groups and I'll repeat what I posted as my positive experiences here:

I guess the way my MG has affected me in a positive way has been that it has allowed me to feel success after achieving challenges. For example, last year [now three years ago] when my husband and I moved to Scotland we visited a city called Stirling. There is a huge monument there to remember William Wallace (think Braveheart if you aren't sure who that is). I climbed to the top of the monument - 246 spiral steps. A huge accomplishment considering some days I freak out trying to cross the road!!

As a teacher, I also think that it has made me more aware of students' limitations and has helped me to really focus on encouraging students to achieve all they can.

So that was my post from awhile ago and I think it is still true for the most part. Last year I hit an all-time low and I'm still trying to recover from it. Today in church the minister was talking about how your faith can carry you and Jesus won't let you fall and I just looked at my husband and with tears in my eyes said "then why did he let me fall so many times?" MG is so frustrating and I don't know why I have it - I know there are worse things but it is so hard to cope sometimes.

Anyways, this is supposed to be a happy post - not a sad one.... I still really agree with what I wrote about the student's limitations. Sometimes you forget all the things these little people have going on in their lives and it's easy to get upset about little things. MG has taught me to (try) slow down and appreciate everyone for their talents.

Happy Holidays everyone!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote