View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

hey tammi,

there is nothing wrong in wishing people a "Merry X-mas" it IS Christmas, the holiday IS called Christmas. That's what it is...

the problem is none of us wear what we believe in on our faces or our sleeves or pocket protectors...

I am not a Christian nor anything, really..but I don't get offended if people would wish me a Merry Christmas.

I think it is OK...and if they say that they don't believe in Christmas, then you can say, oh, happy holidays..

however, to be on the safe side, Happy Holidays is probably a "safer" way to go these days...

I can see Chemar and Lara's POV as well

I believe everyone has a right to what they believe in as long as we respect everyone's beliefs..and I think Lara and Cheri said theirs very well and respectfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is my take on this....as I've had discussions with my friends from all sides...

there are always the extreme few that makes the loudest noises for people....

most of us really will smile and just say, "thank you"

I think there are "pushy" people that started one way and then it offended others and then the "pushy" others then pushes back and then it becomes a "religious" war....

that is why we have so much trouble in the middle east because they don't want to back down and get offended this way or that way...

we all have a right to what we believe in as long as we don't push it on others...

I personally don't believe in saying "merry christmas" to someone with all sincerety should be taken offensively...

it is just some folks would use this very phrase then decide to give another person a lecture or how they should "convert" that started this whole religious war...

I personally thank you for wishing us a merry christmas...it IS the christmas holidays that got started (and as a kid, I was ever so grateful so I could be outta school, LOL)

then I was very happy to see other holidays such as Kwanza and the Channukah are being recognized...

and I wish everyone else a "Happy Holidays"

Peace and love to all...

moi

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-21-2008), Chemar (12-21-2008), ewizabeth (12-21-2008), Ivy2 (12-21-2008), mistiis (12-22-2008), SandyC (12-21-2008), tamiloo (12-21-2008)