View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 09:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbds View Post
I have had 6 major surgeries in the past two years...all as a result of peripheral neuropathy/neuralgia in my groin. It all started as two hernias, then progressed into much more.

I have trial'd the ANS stimulator and had the permanent implant 6 weeks ago. It was their newest stimlator capable of outpowering and outliving both AB and Medtronics Stims by amazing numbers.

I received incredible pain relief...considering that my surgery was the first of it's kind. Most of these units are placed near the spinal cord. I had three octode lead wires fused together throughout my groin peripherally and the generator placed in my stomach.

My problem happened last week. The generator healed and settled right on my belt line in a very uncomfortable way. I developed a painful abcess and had the entire system removed, was hospitalized for the week, and now I have a 5 inch hole in my stomach that has to be packed with gauze everyday. This is by far, the most painful surgery I have dealt with.

Is there anyone out there who has undergone similar circustances? I am definetely getting the implant again...has anyone tried getting a second implant after an abcess or removal?
You had one bad experience the second time will be worse.
I have been thru it all. I want mine out and no one will take it out because of the liability. I no longer trust the idiot/liar/thief that put it it. It's all about the money. don't do it. I beg u.
sufie5139 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote