View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my experience

I had a two level cervical foraminectomy 6 years ago. I am still happy with the outcome. Granted, he does not have a warm and fuzzy personality, but he did answer my questions. After the surgery, I stayed at a local hotel for two days. I did have a slight amount of blood on the bandage one day post op. I called and they got me right in. It turned out not to be a problem. Six weeks post op, I got an rx for another mri and flex x-rays. Dr. Jho called me personally to discuss the results. I already had the written report in my hand. The results of the Mri indicated that decompression was accomplished and the flex xrays showed that my spine was stable. The recovery time was not bad at all. I was off all rx pain meds within two weeks and back to pretty much all activities within four weeks. Before the surgery, I was unable to go to the movies because I was unable to sit for any period of time before spasms began. I was beginning to loose coordination and strenght in my fingers and got that lovely tingling. Those symptoms were relieved immedietly. My husband is having lots of pain and shooting pain down his arm due to bone spurs. He is starting PT. If he does not respond to the conservative treatments, I would definitely drive him the 6 hours to see Dr. Jho
Amy1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote