Thread: Checkin In!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone....I was reflecting just now. I remember one christmas...my last christmas drinking. My kids were at my Mom and Dads place...I was not welcome there I let on like I did not care! I was cooking a turkey for me and my kids....I remember feeling very sorry for myself when my new boyfriend arrived with a friend of his to meet me for the first time. I had bleach on my hair...in my pjs...drunker than drunk. I was cooking my turkey....did not clean it out....cooked the bag in....did not dress or baste it...made nothing else with it and even though the kids said later that they did not mind eating it...I tossed the whole bird..upset that it looked ridiculous....blamed the world...drank some more...ruined it for everyone...etc This will be my 9th sober christmas!! I can cook a turkey worthy of eating now. I am welcome at my parents home..I do not pick Christmas day to dye my hair now...no longer have that boyfriend ( he liked to drink!) and it is now very important for me to be sure that everyone has a wonderful christmas...it matters now!!! Thank God for my sobriety !!!!
PS...Sorry for rambling..just a remember when...I need them sometimes!!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-31-2008), GladysD (12-31-2008), Koala77 (01-03-2009)