View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had the bladder spasms and UTIs both and it is very, very difficult to differentiate between the two.

The next time it happens I am going to buy the strips and check. I have a prescription from a urologist for Prosed but my PC hates for me to take it until I am checked for a UTI. The Prosed colors the urine so it is difficult to see blood, etc. I hate going in if a simple few days of a pill will take care of it.

"Prosed/DS is a urinary antiseptic, urinary acidifier, analgesic, and anticholinergic combination. It works by helping to kill bacteria in the urine, decreasing pain and inflammation, and reducing muscle spasms in the urinary tract. These actions work together to help relieve discomfort while urinating."

I had this for years before my MS dx and when the test for UTI would come back negative my PC at the time said I had enough UTIs to know the symptoms so he would start me on an anibiotic anyways. GRRRR..