View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi new to this site, please help!

\
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how there cathadural injections went, and if it sounds like the one i had sounds like it was okl\

I had the five day epedural where i was to have medication shots in a epedural, once every day for five days, this was suppose to put my leg and foot to sleep, and hope the brain disconects the pain signals, dxd rsd in my right foot origianally.\

well the first day I had the procedure to install the epedural cathadural in my lower back and then the doctor was to do the first injection of meds.\

well we he put the first injection of meds in this is what i felt,\
\
as soon as the medication entered my body, i felt extrem burning, I could fell everywhere the medication traveled, and when it finally made ifs way into my right leg, my leg went on fire, it felt like acid burning my inside of my leg out!! I was screaming in extreme pain, the doctor stopped the injection.

he just said, are you sure the medication is burning?? I said yes, because I could feel it making its way from my back all the way down to my toes.\

my doctor stopped the procedure and he had to give me alot of pain meds to stop the pain i was in. i was there for four hours to recovery and when i left, i had to be wheeled out cause the medication he injected in my back that was suppose to go in the right leg had spread to my left leg only my left leg was dead numb!! well the doctor said for me to come back the next morning cause he wanted to try it again, (this was a five day job), so i came back the next morning, and the same thing!!

my left leg and my whole waist area and my right arm, and the right side of my face where numb, for weeks. is this sound ok to you, is this whats suppose to happen?? All the doctor kept telling me is, it takes time, it well stop sooner or later!!

well, all the numbness went away except my left leg, and it stayed numb for an entire year! the procedure was for my right leg, and all it did to it is make it hurt 20 times worst, it stayed flared for months after that, \
I needed a wheel chair, but the doctor said no.\

i would like to hear how you feel about this, did it go the way it should,???
My doctor will not speak to me about it at all, like it never happened!!

liz
liz0688 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote