View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaCat View Post

I guess I find this all so unnerving in that it seems so hopeless: pain or drugs, and rarely a successful "fix" from what I am seeing here. Or maybe I just haven't found the "successful outcome" thread yet.

Cat
Yes, it is very unnerving and often seems hopeless...
with all the pain, trial & error finding something that helps...
unfortunately meds for nerve pain are 'limited' and too often have more adverse effects than pain relief-- but there may be somethings that will help.
I've been looking into more alternative treatmts...

but even "breathing" exercises, which can calm, often cause PAIN...
as do other activities of daily living...
it can all get to be too much... i was recently reminded why TN is referred to as "suicide sickness " ..

as for "successful outcomes" ???.....
some have said their pain is "managed" with meds. many can't tolerate or weren't helped by meds.
others have sought more drastic interventions like nerve blocks, surgerys (i may be getting confused--about these Tx for TN??-- since i have both ON & TN often don't know where one stops & the other begins.... my whole head and everything in it--teeth, eyes, bones, nerves, etc--and beyond down thru neck, cervical spine...hurt constantly. the only thing that seems to change is severity, duration, location, manifestation..) sorry for ramble
don't want to say things that aren't so, used specifically for TN. so will go back & do some more research.... and hopefully find info so not confuse...

my neuro has been pushing Botox. (will share more about this later)
a friend highly recommended it--said it was the only thing that helped his TN.

perhaps someone may come on and share their big 'success' story... but in meantime i'm sure others here will continue to share -- whether its a med or some smaller 'success' like finding pillow that's comfortable and other little tips
these 'little' things can improve quality of life...
which does seem elusive when dealing w/ pain, problems

Main thing is NOT to lose HOPE...
while family, friends, employers, etc may not understand or be very compassionate, those here do Know and care...
sometimes that is a LOT...

Blessings

have u checked out TN site? www.endthepain.org

Last edited by pono; 12-22-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: add/correct typo s
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GmaSue (01-08-2009)