View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, do try the heat pad

Hi Cat, sorry to have to meet you like this - but welcome to the most compassionite and caring forum on the web. These folks are so awesome. There may be few success stories, but still helps to connect with others who can relate to the pain.

My TN is very mild compared to the others here, so my opinion may not count for much, but my doc prescribed tegretol for me only to take when I have an episode - so far mine are still very sporadic. My pain is only centered in my ear ( constant hot, boring pain with intermittent ice picks). But as for the tegretol - I'm not sure if taken in this manner could even make any difference, but I do not want to take it if I can do without it. The meds have not offered a noticeble decrease in the pain, so I too get much relief from a heat pad held to my ear and side of face. I have one of those crescent shaped therapy bags that you heat in the microwave and it sort of curls around my head and really helps the pain - again mine is a minor nuisance compared to the rest of you here.

I hope you can get some help for your pain and I will continue to pray for all of us to find pain relief and sanity.

Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas in spite of this demon you are dealing with .

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (12-22-2008)