View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
Steve,

I am so glad to hear that Laura is doing so well. The message of hope in your post is very inspiring, especially right now.

I spent the night in the hospital last night and found out that I have a 5.5 centimeter endometrioma on my left ovary. If it bursts it will spread endometriosis all throughout my abdomen. Did I mention the pain yet??? I had both of my kids using natural child birth with no medications. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but last night I was crying like a baby.

I had a partial hysterectomy two years ago due to fibroids and adenomyosis. The doctor left my ovaries and cervix in place. I am the one percent of his patients that has continued to have bleeding problems post hysterectomy. Now, it looks as if it is time to go back in there and get it all yanked out. I am done with all of these female problems. I am hoping that my doctor will get me in early this week so that I can be home with my family for Christmas, but they are back logged because they had to shut the ER down because of the winter storms. They are only doing emergency surgeries right now. I am not sure if being drugged out on pain meds and curled up in the fetal position for a twenty four hour period qualifies as an emergency to them or not!

Keep me in your prayers.

er was very inspiring to me, especially right now.
Evonne,

I have you in my prayers and my kid sister does too. She just went through this herself, but is a lot younger than we are. She said death is better than this, but being that life is, we're not granted an easy exit when things get tough. Speaking of winter storms, we've got about 3 feet of white stuff I think up here in New England. This started last Thursday with and ice storm that knocked oiut power in the area for a week. It has since snowed just about every other day since then and we're due for more again tonight and then ice and rain Wednesday.

And get this... some people in my house still don't get it. My brother tells me to use the snow blower to dig out. No problem if I could start the thing. The PD makes the muscles move too slow. I have plenty of strength and lift up to 80-plus pounds sometimes during the day at work. It's the quick movement needed to start the blower that I don't have. So shovel in hand and two hours later, I have my car dug out and ready to go to work late.

Hang in there.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote