View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just had implant on 11/17

Hi.

I just had my permanent implant on November 17th. I have RSD in my arms - primarily in my left due to rib resection surgery for TOS.

My surgeon told me to allow for 3 weeks. I wish I had taken 4 weeks off from surgery. I got the flu the second week (and came really close to being tested for meningitis) so I really only had a week of recovery time to get moving before going back to work (I have a desk job). I had a hard time getting through the day. My neck/back wasn't able to hold me up for the full duration of the day.

As far as how I feel now, I'm still very sore. I'm told that I'll be sore for about 3 months. Recovery was better after I got the staples out.

I have controlled the movement in my neck because of the risk that the leads could move. Some of the things that I've done is not gone on the highway due to not looking over my shoulder, not sleep on my stomach so my neck isn't turned, be very careful when people talk to me so that I don't move my neck quickly to turn to talk to them, etc. I'm told that I need to do this for 6 weeks.

The stimulator has helped with the sensitivity in my arm. I actually has taken it away. I have stopped taking the narcotic medication. I will be reducing the neurontin, but I want to wait a little bit to get used to the stimulator and to slowly turn it up.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote