View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylastnerve View Post
Hi Debbie,
I live in California, and here, the state disability lasts as long as a year, as long as they are kept up to date with the doctor's work-release notice. Regarding your company, they may only cover you for 6 months, at a fraction of your salary, if at all. If you are out 6 months, you should probably start the application process for long term disability through the federal government. I do not know where you live, and it may be very different in your state, and with your company. I am currently in the process of applying for long term disabilty. I would advise you to contact your company's HR department, they can walk you through all of this.

best of luck, I know this all can be scary.
MLN
Thank you for your reply. I have it covered with my company. I just had gotten a letter from the insurance company to have the doctor give them an update and it "freaked me out". I do want to go back to work but just don't know if I can. I hadn't seen anything about folks not working so wondered who else was off. Thank you again so much for your words of encouragement and good luck to you with the LTD process.

Debbie
DebMurphy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote