View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 03:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
I have only skimmed the surface (potential lipid joke ) of the research up to now, going on the assumption that it won't hurt to try it and if it works I will then look for the negatives. However, it does seem to be something other than the omega 3/6/9 debate at work. It is made up for the most part by four components and at least one of those enhances absorption from the GI tract.

That could mean that our meds are taken up more efficiently but that would't explain why normal folks benefit.

Another, and more interesting, explanation is that it improves thyroid function. My wife (non-PD) started it at the same time as I (about a week). She has always shown signs of thyroid problems, particularly being "cold-natured". Not now,even though it is in the low 20s (F).

Also, she has had to battle depression and anxiety problems all her life and due to my business nightmare it has been acute the last few months. It's like she's a new person - rolling with it and not letting her energy be drained. And speaking of energy, she definitely has more.

All those can be tied to thyroid problems. She may be a more clear example of what is going on beneath the surface for the rest of us.
Is there any such thing as a Medical treatment Spa for Parkinson's,....I believe the Philippines may be producing the most virgin coconut oil. Possibly we could book a spa facility for a month.
WilliamD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote