View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well my advice to any one with Fibro, is, google Seronegative Spondyloarthropathy.....it bears an awful close similarity to Fibro. There is no actual test for it, but Bone Scans will usually show a pattern. Enthesitis or Enthesopathy is inflammation of ligaments, which are all trigger areas for fibro...again, seronegative, hurts like the devil. Rib cage pain and Sacroilliac pain are two of the most common sites, but you can also get bursitis in your hips, knees etc. Sometimes they treat this with the 'mab' drugs but you have to make risky choices. There isn't all that much they do besides manage pain except for the biggie, preventing joint misalignment and future joint deformity and arthritis...(so I have splints and AFOs) When the ligaments don't keep bones in place, the joints fail eventually.

You can even get it in just your hands.

If any of you have psoriasis or nails that are turning white or lifting off...PM me.

Then in addition.....

If you have not had a skin biopsy for small fiber neuropathy, consider it. (Mine was abnormal)

If you have not had a muscle biopsy, consider it. (Mine was abnormal)

If you have not had a full autonomic work up, ask. You have to go to an autonomic center....this is an extensive test. (Mine was abnormal)

If you have not had a minor salivary gland biopsy, ask. (Mine was abnormal)

It isn't fibro, until all that comes back normal.

You know who found this??? A cardiologist who said I recovered abnormally from a stress test....after I had 4 of them who said things were fine.

I have diagnosis of Sjogren's, Lyme, Autoimmune Autonomic Neuropathy, small fiber neuropathy, sensory neuropathy from the small fiber neuropathy, gastroparesis, hmm, gee, I think that covers it........and I bet my farm that Spondylarthropathy is coming next. I think it is all one disease.....all from a history of fibro that I would still be sitting with, had I not pursued this. I also carry a gene mutation that does not allow me to take any SSRIs, tricyclics, antidopaminergics among others.

If any one wants more info, you can PM me.

Have a peaceful, painfree holiday.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (01-02-2009), mistiis (12-23-2008), warbelsnap (12-22-2008)