View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 06:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks View Post
hello everyone, i have a csf leak that was caused from a fall on ice about 7 years ago. Last year i had a blood patch done at the mayo clinic in rochester minn. This year around may i had another one done in my home town. Both have failed and i just started getting the headaches back. Looks like im scheduled for another in a week. Oh yeah! Alot of pain. Im very frustrated and am beginning to feel theres no end to this can anyone give some suggestions or informaton that might be helpful. Thanks to everyone :help:
s[FONT="Courier New"][/FOsorry to hear you have been dealing with what seems to be the most complicated condition to get treated for.i had a csf leak since 2007 till present,i know all to well how hard it is to manage with the pain .i've done alot of research after having 10 blood patches,they do not work for everyone it depends on how it is administered.is the procedure being guided by radiologly? Because if it's not you are at risk of getting more tears. There is also another procedure to get it's called-a glue foam patch, this acts as a sealer in side the spinal sack. This procedure has to be done by a neuro surgeon, i found living on the east coast that in philadelphia ( thomas jefferson hospital) n.y.c(columbia presbertyrian hospital) these hospitals and doctors have more insight in the matter.i went to about 30 doctors and finally got the glue foam patch done and have been symptom free
CSF LEAKER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote