Thread: *Tears*
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Seara, I hear you loud and clear!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this "family" problem too. Why is it that people are so interested when we're first diagnosed and as time goes by and we really need their help and understanding, they seem to have blocked out the reality and figure it's just something that's part of our lives and no big deal. If it's something a person "gets over", everyone is right there offering help, love, compassion, but it seems when it's long term -- like for life -- they lose interest and here we are, on our own.

Ali, thank you for your wonderful poem. You have a God-given talent in your writing. Your wisdom goes far beyond your years. Hugs to you.

Thank you Seara for bringing up this subject. As our MS progresses, it seems to be a problem for many of us. You got it right when saying you were the "type A" person in your family to get all the details taken care of and that expectation seems to continue. Of course being a type A myself, maybe we're expecting too much from ourselves. Those people weren't there before, but we were able to do it all ourselves so it didn't matter so much. Now that we are limited, the frustration on our part is greater and we are realizing how it's "always been". Does this make sense? Must be the season for whines!! All the TV movies about family, friends, etc., are just a dream when you're all alone.

Gentle hugs and feel free to use my shoulder any time.........

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (12-23-2008), seara (12-23-2008)